Sunday, March 22, 2009

Looking for the perfect... gift, accessory, household item, piece of art, anything else?

So I found this site a few weeks ago, and I'm astounded at the stuff you can get off of it. It's called Etsy, and it is a place where various artisans sell their work which includes: Accessories, Art, Bags and Purses, Bath and Beauty, Books and Zines, Candles, Ceramics and Pottery, Clothing, Furniture, Geekery, Glass, Jewelry, I think you get the idea (there's a lot more I haven't mentioned like stuff for Weddings, Annie). The awesome thing is most stuff is so cheap! So much cheaper than it woudl be in the store. It's almost too good...
For example, "This handcrafted necklace is made with Freshwater pearl and Swarovski crystal on on hand-knotted silk thread.
The closure is a Silver plated lobster clasp.
The length of the necklace 16" extendible to 18" with a Silver
plated chain" How much would this normally be? I'm guessing at least $70, but no, it's $12.80 plus shipping from Thailand makes it $16.30.
I think I've found a new online addiction.
The Jewelry and Art sections are my favourite, everything you find on here is original so you know you're getting something unique. There are prints, photography, paintings, anything you could want. If you see something you like, you can also browse by store, which means you see one person's whole store.

Starstruck $22.00 Photograph print by urbandesign

So check it out if you're looking for something unique for yourself, or someone else. You won't be disappointed. They've got something for every event, style, thing, person.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good. Also, did you alphabetize those categories on purpose? Oh you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ETSY is my one stop, spot to grab a unique birthday gift for the people in my life! My last three birthday purchases were made from the site. Everyone has loved their gifts. They always question how I was able to find such great things but I keep the site a secret and tell my friends and family, "I saw this in some random (Insert: boutique, store, outlet,etc) and thought of you." Works every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PSssssssssssht, no I did not alphabetize it... but I would have had it not already been on the website (CTRL C, CTRL V= BFFLZ)

    Haha, I think I'll begin doing that too, sure it's on my blog for everyone to see, but I can still keep it a secret right?!

    ReplyDelete