Friday, March 27, 2009

Islands Fold- residency and publishing house

I was recently introduced to Islands Fold, and it really intrigues me.
Islands Fold™ is an independent publisher and artist residency created and operated by Angela Conley and Luke Ramsey. It's about inviting artists into our home, supporting
creative identity, collaborating, promoting health and well being and producing unique art. Established on Pender Island B.C, Canada in the Spring of 2006.
It's housed over 25 artists and designers since it began. It's also a publishing house, you can buy art on the website, "Selling art online is the business side of Islands Fold. The residency is not a business, but a way to make friends and art". There are also associated exhibitions worldwide and workshops.
I think it's a really cool thing they have going on. It's a good opportunity for creativity, collaboration, and experimentation. Art communities are probably the coolest thing.

1 comment:

  1. Again, why I must go to the West coast, not because I'm an artist or would do this, but the people are just so cool. I really like that you shared this place because I think its a great idea, not just for the sake of art, but for expanding a community and enjoying life for more than superficial things.

    -Danielle
    (singlebetty.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete