Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Concert Love

Last Thursday I went to see Mr. Owen Pallett at Aeolian Hall in London (which, by the way is an amazing venue). I must say it was one of the best live shows I've been to in a while. First of all, it was probably the only concert I've ever been to (other than Coldplay in grade 12 at ACC) where it was all seating, which made for a very relaxing atmosphere. I got my first pleasent suprise with the openers, Snowblink, who were melodic, beautifully soothing, and played a perfect set. It was so refined, that it only makes sense that Snowblink is affiliated with Dirty Projectors (who played on their album LONG LIVE), and Bruce Penninsula (joined the band as part of the choir).

Owen Pallett was very personable and played a meaty set including old favourites This is the Dream of Win and Regine, Please Please Please, as well as Several new songs off of this year's release Heartland. This is the third time I have seen Final Fantasy, and by far the best. It was a concert that makes you like the artist about a million times more than when you first arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment